Thursday, June 24, 2010

Legend Time Out

.
There's an old song of with, I believe, strange lyrics (I don't know the title, but I bet Google does) : How much is that doggie in the window? The one that's waggling its tail. How much is that doggie in the window? I do hope that doggie for sale.


I'm thinking: That's scary. I'm lucky I got my taste set on some legend, like The Beatles. But then I'm curious whether it's possible The Beatleshood aren't always I Will, or Black Bird, or In My Life, or I Am The Walrus. Put aside that they are The Fab Four and some peculiar numbers emerge. Though not exactly some "doggies in the window", they are peculiar nonetheless. Michelle, my belle, these are words that go together well (I mean, really?).

Then there's I'll Get You. I can just imagine a weird, if not disturbing, scene. Paul and John, probably on either's flat, or some studio (not just some studio, obviously). One grabbed a guitar, the other followed. Having stumbled upon some chords, John pitched Paul some line, "How about: Imagine I'm in love with. It's easy cause I know. I've imagined I'm in love with you many many times before." And Paul went, "Perfect!"

Where's the (fill in some Killer Beatles here)? . But then again, when one is preconditioned with their legendary status, it's easy to take up all the songs as the works of legends, accordingly. Therefore, despite the recent enlightenment, I will from time to time find myself being ambushed by, say, firecamp acoustic, or some FM radio surprise, or the shuffling of an MP3 player (mine's Samsung, by the way, not iPod --I don't know why I wrote that), I bet the one hundred bucks I don't have that I would sing along, with eyes closed.
.

No comments: